Head-on accidents are among the most dangerous car crashes. These types of accidents usually involve two cars that are driving pretty fast. When they crash there is less area for the force to dissipate making the impact more severe than a rear-end or even a t-bone accident. If you’re involved in a head-on collision, chances are you’ll suffer some pretty serious injuries. If you have been injured you’ll want to call 617-618-5560 to speak with a head-on collision attorney in Boston. At Soto Law, P.C. make sure you receive full compensation for your injuries and aren’t stuck paying for any expenses out of your own pocket. Schedule a free consultation today.
Table of Contents
What Should I do After a Head-On Car Accident?
There are a few things you need to do after a car accident in Boston, Massachusetts:
Call the Police
Never let someone convince you not to do this. Chances are if they’re asking you not to call the cops, there’s a good reason. Either they don’t have a valid driver’s license, or they don’t have insurance. They could even be under the influence of drugs or alcohol and don’t want to get in trouble. No matter how bad you feel, you need to call the police. They’ll provide you with a police report that contains critical information. Your lawyer will need this information later on.
Go to the Hospital
Even if you don’t think you’re hurt, you need to seek medical treatment. If you wait too long to go to the hospital, the defendant will claim something else caused your injuries. You also risk serious health issues if you don’t get checked out right away. You could have internal injuries or a traumatic brain injury. The only way to know is to get the necessary tests done in the hospital. Also, you need proof of your injuries. If your insurance claim is denied, our personal injury lawyers will need this proof to fight the denial.
Contact a Car Accident Lawyer
The insurance company will have lawyers working for them and so should you. You don’t want to handle this yourself. Let us handle the legal side of things while you focus on getting better.
Head-on Collision can Cause Serious Injuries
Because of the nature of a head-on collision, they usually cause serious injuries. Your body is subjected to a strong impact. It’s no surprise that you’ll suffer a variety of injuries, including:
- Back injuries – You may suffer disc herniation or muscle strains. You could even suffer a spinal cord injury. Back injuries can leave you partially or totally paralyzed. You may never be able to work again.
- Traumatic brain injuries – When your head suffers a severe blow, you can end up with something called a traumatic brain injury (TBI.) The symptoms of a TBI include:
- Vision problems
- Memory loss
If you experience any of these symptoms, make sure you get to the hospital right away. They can do an MRI and CT scan to check for any brain injuries.
- Whiplash – This is the most common type of injury from a car accident. It’s not serious and usually heals itself within a few days. There is nothing a doctor can do to treat whiplash other than give you a neck brace to wear. It’s very hard to prove whiplash because there are no tests to prove you have it.
- Lacerations and bruises – if your body hits the windshield or steering wheel, you’ll probably suffer some cuts and bruises.
- Internal injuries – Head-on collision commonly cause internal injuries. This may include punctured lungs, organ damage, and internal bleeding. The only way to know if you have internal injuries is to go to the hospital.
All of these can be life-changing. Depending on your prognosis, you may need surgery and physical therapy. You’ll probably be out of work for quite some time. Our attorneys near Boston will fight to get you the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Contact the Jon Soto Law Firm Today
If you’ve been in a head-on collision, you need to contact an experienced Boston car accident lawyer. The attorneys at the Jon Soto law firm have handled dozens of these cases. They have years of experience getting their clients the compensation they deserve.
Some of the damages your Boston car accident lawyer will demand are:
- Medical bills – current and future
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
Massachusetts law is very specific when it comes to pain and suffering. You must suffer at least $2,000 in economic damages in order to claim pain and suffering. Your lawyers know this and will explain how this rule applies to your case.
Call the Jon Soto Law Firm today at 617-618-5560 and schedule your free initial consultation. They can answer any questions you may have. They can also review your case and let you know what it may be worth.