If you get into a car accident in Boston this holiday, there are a few things you need to do. If you don’t do these things, you’re going to make your lawyer’s job a lot harder. They’re going to need certain evidence to prove your case. This is why it’s important that you take these steps immediately after your Boston auto wreck:
- Call the police. No matter how hard the other driver asks you not to, you need to call them.
- Seek medical treatment immediately. Even if you don’t think you’re hurt, you need to get seen by a doctor.
- Call an experienced Boston auto wreck lawyer.
When the police arrive, they’re going to do several things. Some of these are:
- Investigate the accident scene
- Call for an ambulance
- Interview the drivers and any witnesses
- Check to see if anyone’s under the influence of drugs or alcohol
They’re going to put all of their findings into their police report. This report is going to include a lot of important information that your lawyer won’t have access to on their own. Even if they can find some of this information later, it will be expensive and time consuming. The last thing you want to do is make their job harder.
If you’ve been injured in a car accident in Boston, you need to focus on getting better. Let a skilled car accident attorney in Boston handle the legal side of things for you.
Don’t Make Your Boston Car Accident Attorneys Job Harder than it Has to Be
When the officers do their investigation, they’re going to find certain information about the crash. This information is going to be put into the police report. Some of this includes:
- The name and contact information for the drivers
- License and insurance information for both drivers
- A description of the accident scene and road conditions
- Notations about any tickets issued at the scene
- Pictures and videos of the accident scene
- Description of the damage caused to the vehicles
- Contact information for any witnesses
- Statements from the drivers and the witnesses
While your attorney may be able to get some of this information on their own, it’s going to be expensive and time consuming. They may not be able to get it at all. After all, if you don’t find out who the witnesses are at the scene, you’ll have no way of finding out later. The same is true for DUI. Once the accident scene clears, there’s no way to find out if the other driver was drunk or high at the time of the crash.
You’ll Be Able to Demand Certain Damages
When you file suit, your Boston car accident lawyer is going to demand compensation. The types of damages you demand will depend on how bad your accident was. Some of the things that you can demand include the following damages:
- The value of your car since it was totaled
- The money you would’ve earned had you worked full-time until the age of 65
- a good amount of pain and suffering given your injuries
- Any out of pocket medical bills you had to pay
- Reimbursement of any lost wages
When you are asked to prove your damages, some of the things you’ll point out to the jury includes:
- How serious were your injuries?
- Did you suffer property damage?
- Were you able to return to work after the accident?
- Are you left permanently disabled as a result of the crash?
- How bad was your pain and suffering?
It will all come down to the kind of evidence you have. This is why your lawyer needs you to call the police. This is why they need you to go to the hospital. If you don’t do things, it’ll be very hard for them to prove your case.
Contact an Experienced Boston Auto Wreck Lawyer Today
If you get injured in a car accident, you’re going to need some help. You need to focus on getting better and recovering from your injuries. Call Soto Law, P.C. and schedule your free initial consultation with an experienced car accident lawyer in Boston. They’ll sit down and review your case. They can let you know how much it may be worth. They can also answer any questions you may have. The consultation is free and you pay nothing until you settle your case.